About Us

The Smokehouse Hotels & Restaurants started out in Cameron Highland in 1937 by an Englishman, Douglas Warin, Esq and the establishment was subsequently taken over by a Malaysian, the late Mr Peter KH Lee.

In 1985, work began on a 1924 British built colonial bungalow in Fraser’s Hill, transforming it into an English countryhouse with furniture, paintings and antiques brought in from England. Ye Olde Smokehouse Fraser’s Hill has been offering true countryhouse hospitality at the Hill Station since 1988.

The Smokehouse Restaurant Kuala Lumpur was opened in 1992 at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, offering the same countryhouse hospitality with traditional English cuisine and the famous homemade scones for afternoon tea. It has remained in the vicinity of KLCC up until May 2009, where it is now located in the affluent Bangsar Community.

Scott’s Fraser’s Hill offer both locals and tourists a sense of a local “English” Pub and Restaurant. With an Asian and English Menu, it has become a favourite spot in the Town Centre.

Ye Olde Smokehouse Fraser’s Hill, The Smokehouse Restaurant Kuala Lumpur and Scott’s Pub & Restaurant is currently owned and operated by D&H Country Homes Sdn Bhd who is committed to bring you fine countryhouse hospitality.